Apparently people still think the Federal Reserve is serious about raising interest rates because you had Jeffrey Lacker coming out this morning and saying that the Federal Reserve needs to be preemptive when it comes to inflation fighting, not really wanting for it to heat up. This is really absurd because if the Federal Reserve wanted to be preemptive it would have raised years ago and they would now be much higher than they are.
Again, I think this is all talk. But apparently the markets have not figures this out yet and gold went down 40 dollars because it thinks the Federal Reserve is about to raise interest rates. (SPDR Gold Trust ETF (GLD), Market Vectors Gold Miners ETF (GDX), Market Vectors Junior Gold Miners ETF (GDXJ), Newmont Mining (NEM), Goldcorp (GG), Barrick Gold (ABX))
Peter Schiff is an American businessman, investment broker and financial commentator. Schiff is the CEO and chief global strategist of Euro Pacific Capital Inc.
- Why Does Wall Street Prefer Hillary Clinton?
- The Stock Market Prefers Hillary
- A Very Suspicious GDP Number
- Why Is Consumer Confidence Dropping
- Even A Tiny Rate Hike Will Damage This Bubble Econ...
- Gold, U.S. Dollar & Interest Rates
- Gold: Indian Farmers Are Buying More Gold
- The Economic Data Indicates An Incoming Recession
- We Need To Shrink The Government
- More Money Will Move Into Gold
- If The Fed Raises Interest Rates Everything Is Goi...
- Bond Yields Are Moving Up
- The Only Thing That Is Bad For Gold
- Gold: This Sell-Off Is A Buying Opportunity
- U.S. Election: Trump Won The Debate
- Gold: The False Narrative
- Forex: British Pound Flash Crash, U.S. Dollar Risk...
- Markets: Gold, Economic Recovery & Fed Policy
- The Bond Market Is Going To Blow Up
- Federal Reserve: Their Game Plan Is To Lower Rates...
- Higher Rates Will Be A Disaster For The Banks
- Why Gold Went Down 40 Dollars In One Day
- Federal Reserve: Alleged Case For An Interest Rate...
- 2017: Certainly A Recession Year
- ▼ October (24)
- ► 2015 (344)
- ► 2014 (429)