What caused the big rally in the U.S. Dollar was the belief that the QE and zero percent interest rates were successful that the Federal Reserve was going to end the program and it was the anticipation of the tightening, of the normalization of interest rates, of the shrinking of the Fed`s balance sheet, that was what built the rally in the U.S. Dollar. But that was false.
As people figure out that they cannot normalize interest rates, they cannot shrink the balance sheet. In fact their balance sheet is going to grow again and not only are they not going to normalize interest rates, they are going to bring them back to zero. In fact this time zero is not going to be low enough. They will go negative. We will get negative interest rates and QE.
Peter Schiff is an American businessman, investment broker and financial commentator. Schiff is the CEO and chief global strategist of Euro Pacific Capital Inc.
- The U.S Economy Is Getting Weaker And Weaker
- U.S. Economy: Inflation & Economic Growth
- The Real Reason Why The Fed Is Not Raising Interes...
- What The Federal Reserve Is Really Doing
- Fed Meeting: A Dollar Negative Event
- Federal Reserve: Why Would They Want To Take A Cha...
- The Dollar Will Take The Bond Bubble With It
- The Federal Reserve May Start Buying Corporate Bon...
- We Will Get Negative Interest Rates And More QE
- Markets: No Matter What Happens We Are Pretty Much...
- Hedge Fund Managers Criticize The Federal Reserve
- All It Takes To Collapse The Markets
- Fed: U-Turn On A Rate Hike Possibility
- Central Banks Are Scaring The Markets
- Why Is The Market So Scared?
- The Best Interest Rates For The Economy
- U.S. Economy: ISM Manufacturing Index Indicates Co...
- Markets: The Fed Is The Only Game In Town
- Federal Reserve: The Hawks Are Extinct
- ▼ September (19)
- ► 2015 (344)
- ► 2014 (429)