The reason why the Fed will not let interest rates go up is because if they let interest rates go up, we cannot afford to pay the interest on our debt and we would have to default. To avoid the embarassment of a default they keep interest rates artificially low. But I think its better to be honest and default than going through a currency crisis that we are heading to.
Peter Schiff is an American businessman, investment broker and financial commentator. Schiff is the CEO and chief global strategist of Euro Pacific Capital Inc.
- ► 2017 (146)
- Gold Stocks Are Not Expensive At All
- Switzerland Is The Strongest Economy In Europe
- The Markets Are Way Overreacting
- Yellen Is Still Pretending
- The Gold Trade
- Gold & The British Referendum
- The Next Crisis Will Be A Dollar Crisis
- European Banks: Trading Lower Than They Were At Th...
- The Markets Are Rolling Over
- Markets: U.S. Dollar, Emerging Markets
- This Trade Is Just Getting Started
- We Are Going Into A Currency Crisis
- Crude Oil Prices Close Above 50 Dollars A Barrel
- There Is A Bubble In Sovereign Bonds
- Why The Fed Will Not Raise Interest Rates
- Markets: I Am Not Short U.S. Treasuries
- ▼ June (16)
- ► 2015 (344)
- ► 2014 (429)