I think it is going to have to because we have to have higher interest rates, there is no question that we cannot keep artificially suppressed interest rates or the U.S. Dollar is going to collapse, we are going to have runaway inflation, we are going to have to do something or we are not going to have real capital investment unless we have genuine savings. And no one is going to save when interest rates are zero or negative.
We are going to have to raise interest rates but then when interest rates go up it will be impossible to service the debt. Forget about repaying it. We cannot even pay the interest. (iShares Barclays 20+ Year Treasury Bond ETF (TLT), ProShares UltraShort Lehman 20+ Year ETF (TBT), U.S. Treasuries)
Peter Schiff is an American businessman, investment broker and financial commentator. Schiff is the CEO and chief global strategist of Euro Pacific Capital Inc.
- ► 2017 (147)
- The Fed Will Have To Go Back To Zero Interest Rate...
- America Is More Bankrupted Than Puerto Rico
- Stock Market: I Am Not Short
- We Are Already In A Recession
- This Is The Biggest Bubble The Federal Reserve Has...
- The Stock Market Has Gone Nowhere For The Last 12 ...
- This Economy Is A Disaster
- Markets: Gold, Gold Mining Stocks & Silver Stocks
- A June Rate Hike Is Not Bearish For Gold
- Stock Market: Banks (J.P. Morgan (JPM), Bank of Am...
- Gold Stocks: Shaking Out The Weak Hands
- Stock Market: Will the Fed Raise Rates In June?
- The Next Crisis Will Be A Currency Crisis
- The Stock Market: Earnings, Federal Reserve
- Stock Market: We Are In A Earnings Recession
- The Stock Market Is Going Down But It Has Not Roll...
- Markets: The Bad News Aren`t Really Sinking In, Ye...
- U.S. Treasuries Are Not Risk-Free At All
- U.S. Debt: Is Default The Solution?
- Donald Trump On U.S. Debt, Interest Rates
- Retail Sales Are Horrible
- Why The Federal Reserve Will Not Raise Interest Ra...
- Gold Stocks: Still In The Early Stage Of A Big Bul...
- Gold Will Get To 1,500 USD Relatively Soon
- Markets: In The Short Run Its All About Perception...
- The U.S. Dollar Will Accelerate Lower
- Dollar Weakness, Gold Strength Caught Wall Street ...
- ▼ May (27)
- ► 2015 (344)
- ► 2014 (429)