I think we are already in recession. I think it began last year in the fourth quarter. Although I believe we have been in a recession for the entire recovery. I never believed that this was a legitimate recover. I think the government has been understating the amount of inflation and therefore overstating the amount of growth. That game is over.
The economy was so weak in the forth quarter that by the time they redo the numbers later in the year they are going to go back and revise that 1 percent growth to negative. And there is a very good chance that we are going to have another negative number for the first quarter of this year.
(Select Sector Financial Select Sector SPDR ETF (XLF), SPDR Dow Jones Industrial Average ETF (DIA), SPDR S&P 500 Index ETF (SPY), Nasdaq 100 Index ETF (QQQ))
Peter Schiff is an American businessman, investment broker and financial commentator. Schiff is the CEO and chief global strategist of Euro Pacific Capital Inc.
- ► 2017 (114)
- Yellen`s Dovish Speech is Bullish For Gold
- The Fed Cannot Raise Interest Rates
- The Recent Gold Sell-Off Explained
- We Will Go Back To A Gold Standard
- U.S. Dollar: The Trend Has Reversed
- Why Gold Traded Down Today?
- U.S. Dollar: The Chinese Recognize The Mistake
- The American Consumer Is Not Confident
- Markets: U.S. Dollar, Dividend Paying Foreign Stoc...
- Silver Stocks Are Doing Even Better Than Gold Stoc...
- Silver Stocks Are On Fire
- The Federal Reserve Keeps Pretending That The Econ...
- This Commodity Move Is Real, We Are In A New Bull ...
- U.S. Dollar: The Fed Is About To Launch A New Easi...
- U.S. Elections: There Is No Chance Hillary Would B...
- The Economy Is Rapidly Losing Momentum
- QE4 Will Push Commodity Prices Up Even Faster
- Commodities: The Supply And Demand Dynamics Are Be...
- Commodities Are Going Higher
- Commodities Are Turning
- U.S. Economy: We Are Already in A Recession
- Will Draghi Take Europe Deeper Into Negative Rates...
- The U.S. Will Monetize The Debt Eventually
- All of America`s Creditors Are Going To Stop Lendi...
- Markets: Is The Bottom In? Depends On The Fed.
- Economic Problems Are Made In America
- The Fed Wants Inflation And They Will Get It
- Even Jim Cramer (CNBC) Can See There Is A Recessio...
- ▼ March (28)
- ► 2015 (344)
- ► 2014 (429)