Mar 29, 2016

The Recent Gold Sell-Off Explained

When a market does not rally on good news it generally means it is overbought or ready to go down. And the people might have jumped on the failure of gold to sustain a big rally on what was perceived to be good news for gold as bad news. So that might be one of the reasons that you have the selling. To me that is a non event.

I do not buy gold because I am worried about a terrorist attack, it has nothing to do with the reasons I buy gold. I would not rush to buy gold because there was a terrorist attack. Why would I? Because when the attack is over the price goes back down. So it does not make any sense.

The real reason I buy gold  has to do with inflation, the central banks creating it, artificially low interest rates, negative interest rates, quantitative easing, all of these things.

Related trading instruments: SPDR Gold Trust ETF (GLD), Market Vectors Gold Miners ETF (GDX), Newmont Mining (NEM), Goldcorp (GG), Barrick Gold (ABX), NovaGold (NG)

Peter Schiff is an American businessman, investment broker and financial commentator. Schiff is the CEO and chief global strategist of Euro Pacific Capital Inc.

Blog Archive