The Federal Reserve will have to do QE4 regardless. Even if they get interest rates to 0.50% and then the next recession starts. There is not a lot of ammunition. Normally when there is a recession the Fed is at 5.00%, they have a long way to reduce interest rates. Going from 5.00% to zero is a much bigger Keynesian stimulus than going from 0.50% to zero.
I think if they raise interest rates and then they have to go to zero they will look like fools.
Tickers: Select Sector Financial Select Sector SPDR ETF (XLF), SPDR S&P 500 Index ETF (SPY), Nasdaq 100 Index ETF (QQQ), iShares Russell 2000 Index ETF (IWM)
Peter Schiff is an American businessman, investment broker and financial commentator. Schiff is the CEO and chief global strategist of Euro Pacific Capital Inc.
- ► 2017 (181)
- ► 2016 (252)
- China, Other Countries Will Sell U.S. Treasuries
- China Is Moving Out Of U.S. Treasuries
- Interest Rates: Everyone Addicted To Zero
- It`s Impossible To Lift Rates From Zero
- The Stock Market Needs QE4 Not To Fall
- A New Financial Crisis?
- The U.S. Economy Is Sicker Than Ever
- This Economy Is Rapidly Decelerating
- Just Keeping Rates At Zero Is Not Enough To Suppor...
- Markets: This Is A Gigantic Bubble
- The Excuses To Launch QE4
- Podcast: The Federal Reserve Is Going To Lose Cont...
- The Federal Reserve Will Be Forced To Raise Rates
- Interest Rates At Zero Forever?!
- Podcast: Interest Rates At Zero Forever
- The Reason Why The Fed Will Not Raise Rates Today
- Why Is The Fed So Worried About Raising Rates?
- Fed Meeting: Odds Are That They Will Not Raise Rat...
- Federal Reserve: Plenty Of Excuses Not To Raise Ra...
- Why The Fed Does Not Want To Raise Rates
- The Federal Reserve Will Have To Do QE4 Regardless...
- The Bursting Of The Auto Bubble: Ford (F), General...
- Stock Market: Increasing Volatility Likely Showing...
- Stock Market: Don`t Fight the Fed
- Stock Market: Volatility Signals A Change In Trend...
- A Bear Market & The Resuming Of The Financial Cris...
- We Are Going To Have A Bear Market If...
- Peter Schiff: "U.S. Dollar: Interest Rate Hike Is ...
- Peter Schiff: Why The Stock Market Is Likely To Tr...
- Global Investing: The Safe Havens
- U.S. Economy, Recession and Interest Rates
- U.S. Treasuries Under Pressure
- Bigger Problems Than In 2008
- Gold: The Lift Off
- Peter Schiff: What The Stock Market Needs
- Peter Schiff: Surfing The Waves Of Cheap Money
- Podcast: Stock Market Correction, Bear Market
- ▼ September (37)
- ► 2014 (429)