People have been reaching for yield in years thanks to the Federal Reserve. Janet Yellen said that stocks are not necessarily overvalued relative to bonds yields. But if the Federal Reserve is going to be raising interest rates, bond yields are going to be rising and then the stock market will have to come down. So, that is why I think the Federal Reserve is not going to raise rates.
I do not think that Yellen wants the stock market to go down because this phony economic recovery is based on asset bubbles and the Federal Reserve is not going to intentionally prick those bubbles.
Peter Schiff is an American businessman, investment broker and financial commentator. Schiff is the CEO and chief global strategist of Euro Pacific Capital Inc.
- ► 2017 (181)
- ► 2016 (252)
- Foreign Stock Markets: My Favorites
- How To Use Your Overpriced Dollars
- Investing: International Diversification
- The Economy is Slowing Down And Inflation Is Picki...
- U.S. Economy: More Bad News, Philly Fed Just Off A...
- This Is Stagflation
- Federal Reserve: Raising Interest Rates Is The Las...
- Yellen: What She Really Said About Interest Rates
- Federal Reserve: Higher Prices, Higher Minimum Wag...
- Wal-Mart (WMT): A Bad Quarter And It Probably Get ...
- The U.S. Economy Is Addicted To Zero Percent Inter...
- If The Fed Raises Rates, We Will Have A Worse Fina...
- Yellen Does Not Want The Stock Market To Go Down
- Industrial Production: Worst Losing Streak Since 2...
- Is The Stock Market Embracing Bad Economic News?
- U.S. Economy: An Official Recession For The First ...
- More Economic Bad News
- Retail Sales: Another Big Economic Disappointment
- What The Federal Reserve Is Afraid Of
- The Stock Market Is Sensing That The Fed Is "On Pa...
- The Jobs Report Is Awful Beneath The Surface
- Gold: Some Overhead Resistance Above 1,200 Dollars...
- Video: Why Gold Will Go Ballistic
- Stock Market: A Schizophrenic Type Market
- U.S. Economy: An Alarming Ratio
- ▼ May (25)
- ► 2014 (429)