I say that stocks are in a bubble, but the bubble is going to continue to inflate. We are not buying the stocks that comprise the bubble.
Most of the stocks that we invest in are abroad, they are mostly value stocks with very low P/E`s and high dividend yields and to the extent that we do invest in the United States, its in the value part of the spectrum.
We are not chasing the momentum. Even though, I acknowledge that these momentum stocks could keep going up. Since I don`t know how to time the market, I don`t know when the bubble is going to burst, I have been telling my clients to avoid these stocks even though I think they are going to go up, avoid them and invest more prudently.
Related stocks: Tesla Motors (TSLA), Facebook (FB), Twitter (TWTR), Netflix (NFLX), Energy Select Sector SPDR ETF (XLE), SPDR S&P 500 Index ETF (SPY), Market Vectors Gold Miners ETF (GDX)
Peter Schiff is an American businessman, investment broker and financial commentator. Schiff is the CEO and chief global strategist of Euro Pacific Capital Inc.
- ► 2017 (180)
- ► 2016 (252)
- ► 2015 (344)
- Deflation Is Not Dangerous
- Stocks Are In A Bubble But Can Go Even Higher
- Gold & Well Established Companies
- Crypto Currencies: Too Late To Get Involved
- U.S. Dollar Outlook: It`s Going Down
- New Technologies & Investing Opportunities
- The Best Hedge For A Stock Market Crash
- China Is Buying Gold On The Quiet
- What To Do When U.S. Stocks Start Blowing Up
- How To Get Better Products And Jobs
- Video: Gold and Currency Wars
- A Dollar Crisis Will Be Bullish For Gold
- Minimum Wage Increases & Automation
- Tax Inversions
- Build Your Portfolio With Inflation Sensitive Asse...
- The Price Of Inflation
- Will The Federal Reserve Do The Right Thing?
- Yellen Is Not Going To Raise Rates
- What Triggered The Market Sell-Off
- ▼ August (19)