While I was in Vegas, I was reading an article about the other gambling mecca in the United States, Atlantic City. And, Atlantic City, the reason i even read the article was because it was about the closing of the Trump Plaza casino and after this casino closes, the Taj Mahal will be the only remaining Trump property in Atlantic City. But I did not even realize until I read it that this is the fourth major casino to be shutting down in Atlantic City this year. This year!
Four big casinos shutting down. And all this talk about this recovery, the recovering economy, why are all these casinos shutting down?
Again, it occurred to me that this more of an example of this bifurcated economy, where you have some people doing really well, maybe very wealthy people, people who are levered up, that own assets, that own stocks, real estate. But the majority of americans are hurting as they are suffering from higher food prices, higher electrical bills, higher rents. they are on the losing end of the QE (quantitative easing) stick.
Related stocks: Las Vegas Sands Corp.(NYSE:LVS), MGM Resorts International(NYSE:MGM), Monarch Casino & Resort, Inc.(NASDAQ:MCRI), Boyd Gaming Corporation(NYSE:BYD)
Peter Schiff is an American businessman, investment broker and financial commentator. Schiff is the CEO and chief global strategist of Euro Pacific Capital Inc.
- ► 2017 (115)
- ► 2016 (252)
- ► 2015 (344)
- Yellen: Blowing Air Into Bubbles
- A Collapse is Coming.
- U.S. Growth: Drifting Lower As The Year Progresses...
- Yellen Dismisses Inflation As Temporary Noise
- Fed`s Low Rates Are Deterring Savings & Capital In...
- Gold: I Know What The Trend Is
- U.S. Economy: Heading Into Recession
- GDP Report: Its All Downhill From Q2
- Earnings Season: Companies Are Having Trouble With...
- More Disappointing Earnings: Amazon (AMZN)
- Video: 2014 FreedomFest Speech
- Painful Inflation
- Earnings Season: Stocks That Are Missing The Most
- Peter Schiff Interviews Doug Casey
- The Fed Will Ignore Inflation Because They Can`t R...
- The Bottom Is Going To Drop Out
- The Dow Jones Will Keep Falling In Gold Terms
- Prices Are Already Rising Faster Than 2% A Year
- What Investors Have To Worry About
- The Federal Reserve Can`t Acknowledge The Stock Ma...
- Americans Are Big Spenders Of Other`s People Money...
- The Housing Market Is Quickly Unraveling
- Federal Reserve and the Stock Market Bubble
- A Big Plunge In Housing Starts
- The Federal Reserve Is Financing Speculation
- CNBC`s Liesman And Conventional Ignorance
- Gold: A Real Short Squeeze Is Coming
- A Weakening Housing Market
- Gold Outlook (2014 Half-Time Report)
- Yellen: Highly Accommodative Monetary Policy Still...
- The Losing End Of The QE Stick
- U.S. Economy: Living Beyond Its Means
- Markets: Boom or Bubble?
- Gold: The Naysayers Are Wrong
- Bullish On The Euro Currency
- Gold: The Technical Picture Is Improving Rapidly
- The U.S. Dollar Will Lose Its World Dominance
- This Is Not Strong Job Growth
- Dow 17,000 and The Worst Statistic On The Employme...
- President Obama Does Not Understand Capitalism
- Video: The Fed Is Wrong, Again.
- IRS: The Double Standard
- ▼ July (42)