I don`t think you can blame what may or may not be happening in the gold market on High Frequency Trading (HFT) or even about the volatility in the stock market. You are always going to have program traders, you are going to have people that are buying and selling based based on technical indicators, based on momentum indicators.
By and large, this creates extra liquidity. If it wasn`t for all the people speculating in the market, the markets would be thinner. It would be a little harder to buy and sell stocks if the only people selling stocks were long term investors who wanted out and if the only people buying stocks were long term investors that wanted in - there would`t be that much trading going on.
So I don`t think its the traders that are responsible for the problems.
Peter Schiff is an American businessman, investment broker and financial commentator. Schiff is the CEO and chief global strategist of Euro Pacific Capital Inc.
- ► 2017 (114)
- ► 2016 (252)
- ► 2015 (344)
- Video: Creating Poverty By Fighting Poverty
- More Money Chasing A Given Supply Of Goods
- Video: Free Market Capitalism
- Gold: The Rally Will Gather Momentum As The Year P...
- U.S. Dollar: The World Has A Lot More Confidence T...
- Video: Confiscating Excess Wealth
- Dow Jones Industrials & Gold Parity
- Video: The Federal Reserve Will Not End QE
- Deflation: A Stupid Concern
- What Is Full Employment To Janet Yellen?
- Momentum Stocks Are Having Trouble
- Quantitative Easing (QE) Is An Euphemism For Infla...
- China: No Evidence That Demand For Gold Will Slow...
- Video: The Bullish Case For Gold
- People Are Starving For Yield
- Markets: Everything Is Reversing From 2013
- What The Stock Market Really Wants
- Why the Fed Can`t Raise Interest Rates
- U.S. Economy: Recovery Or Closer To A Recession?
- What Separates A Rich Country From A Poor Country
- Jack Lew: Germany Needs More Inflation
- What Makes The Economy Grow?
- Australian Dollar (AUD): Clear Sailing For Much Hi...
- Market Volatility Is The Big Story
- U.S. Economy: The Weather Excuse
- Hedge Funds: They Are Like Ultra-Long Risk Funds
- A Real Collapse In Real Estate Prices
- What Is Going To Happen When the Fed Stops Support...
- Employment Report: We Did Not Gain Any Good Jobs
- Why The Fed Wants Inflation? To Sustain The Bubble...
- Inflation Will Bail Out The Debtors
- U.S. Economy: The Old Saying About Lies
- Inflation And The Minimum Wage Hike
- Wall Street Traders Are Getting Gold Wrong
- Inflation Is Going To Wipe Out The Savers
- The Dangers of Removing Monetary Accommodation To ...
- High Frequency Trading (HFT), Short Term Traders A...
- Federal Reserve: Dealing With The Genie They Let O...
- What Economists Assume About Deflation
- Yellen: Higher Inflation Coming
- ▼ April (40)