The rally in bonds is only because of the false safe haven bid that the bonds are getting because of all the problems, just the beginning of the taper is causing. But I am not basing my idea that the taper isn`t working on the recent sell-off in the market. I knew this sell-off was coming, that is why I said, when the Federal Reserve starts to taper, the markets are going down. As the Federal Reserve tapers more, the markets are going to be under even more pressure. And imagine how much pressure they would be under if the Federal Reserve actually tried to sell the 4-plus trillion in Treasuries and mortgages that are currently on its balance sheet.
Peter Schiff is an American businessman, investment broker and financial commentator. Schiff is the CEO and chief global strategist of Euro Pacific Capital Inc.
- ► 2017 (125)
- ► 2016 (252)
- ► 2015 (344)
- Personal Finance: Keep Little Cash
- What Would Be A Bearish Case For Gold
- China: Largest Producer Of Gold
- Gold Is Going A Lot Higher Than 1900 Dollars An Ou...
- Market Outlook: U.S. Economy, Federal Reserve & Go...
- U.S. Economy: Outlook For 2014
- The Real Unemployment Picture
- Bad Economic Data Coming To The Surface
- Interest Rates Will Skyrocket After The U.S. Dolla...
- We Have The Biggest Bubble Ever
- Gold Short-Sellers Are Getting Nervous
- Yellen: Waiting For An Excuse To Call Off The Tape...
- Gold: Most Selling Is Coming From The Short-Seller...
- Gold Is Leading The Way But Wall Street Is Still S...
- Wall Street Is Fixated On This Story
- Video: Market Update (U.S. Economy, Janet Yellen a...
- Video: Taper Will Not Be Continued As "Planned"
- Rally In Bonds: False Safe Haven Bid
- Video: Stock Market, Treasury Bonds & Gold Outlook...
- When The Market Realizes There is No Exit Strategy...
- The Trend In The Market Is Down
- Gold: Good Things To Come For The Balance Of 2014
- Video: Gold Market Outlook
- The Markets Will Be In A Downtrend Until The Fed G...
- Video: Why The Markets Are Going Down
- U.S. Economy: The Recovery is Just An Illusion
- The Markets Are Going To Continue To Decline
- Video: Investing, Real Returns
- ▼ February (28)